1. Chicago - It's Our Kind of Town - Thanks to all who stopped to visit us at our table at the Print and Converting Expo. We enjoyed speaking with those who stopped to ask about our services. For those who couldn't attend Print Expo, but would like more information on our services, please contact us at 1-800-326-0300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Print Is Still It - Print is still the most popular medium among those in the creative industry. According to www.printondemand.com, 92% of art directors and designers list it as the medium for which they design. In addition, marketing research firm InsightExpress reports only 32% of survey respondents read magazines online. The 500 respondents of the InsightExpress study reported that inconvenience, a dislike of the many forms of online ads, price and eyestrain were deterrents. With these findings, printed media appears safe from its electronic competitors.
3. Print Buyer Confidence Index Results Announced - The results of the WhatTheyThink.com and CAP Ventures quarterly printer and print buyer confidence index are mixed. While 40.5% of printers responded that their print volume had increased over last year, with an average increase of 12.8%, 24% of print buyers reported no change in their spending compared to last year. Most print buyers do not anticipate a great deal of change in their spending, and expect to have a budget of less than $30,000 for print-related expenses over the next 90 days.
4. Planning for Retirement - A recent article from the Knowledge@Wharton newsletter outlines the considerations for retirement planning. According to Wharton professors, many people underestimate the risk of inflation, the cost of long-term care and nursing home insurance, as well as the number of years they will live past retirement. The advice given is to assume that you will need the same level of income during their retirement years as you need now if you intend to maintain your current lifestyle.
- And the Winner Is - Joseph Aman from Lynx Graphics was drawn as the lucky winner of lunch for up to twenty of his co-workers. If you would like to enter our drawing, please complete and return the customer satisfaction survey card we send at the completion of each job we run. You may be our next winner to receive lunch for up to twenty of your co-workers!
5. Feature Item of the Month - This month we have chosen a handwork-intensive packaging project. To create the project, we mounted printed sheets to chipboard and created hinges connecting the two front panels to the back panel. Placed inside the front panels are plastic containers holding dry beans. To see this piece, please visit our website www.bindagraphics.com
*Please let us know if you wish to be removed from our distribution.
ISO 9001: 2000 Registered
2701 Wilmarco Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland 21223
1-800-326-0300 Fax 410-362-7233
100 N Pendleton St.
High Point, North Carolina 27260
336-431-6200 Fax 336-431-6232