Spiral Wire Binding
Tabs & Indexes
Turned Edge Products
Game Boards / Pieces
Ink Jet Imaging
Fixed / Variable
-Blow-ins & Onserts
1. Bindagraphics Welcomes Terry Dorsey and TJ Manning to our staff! - We are pleased to announce the addition of two industry veterans to our staff. Terry Dorsey has joined Bindagraphics as our new Sales Representative, assisting customers in the Philadelphia area, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, and New England. TJ Manning will act as our liason between customer service and sales.
2. The Lowdown on Self-Mailers - Tab sealing regulations for folded, letter-size self-mailers vary according to the number of leaves in the piece. In all cases, the folded edge must be parallel to the longest dimension. Here are the minimum requirements:
- For single-leaf self-mailers: one tab, minimum of 28 lb. (17x22) or 70 lb. (25x 8). The folded edge can be at the top or the bottom.
- For multi-leaf self-mailers: If one tab is used, it must be in the middle of the top edge, folded edge must be at the bottom, and paper must be at least 24 lb./60 lb.
- If two tabs are used, they must be along the longer edge, within one inch of each end; and the paper must be at least 20 lb./50 lb.
- If the piece is accordion-folded, two tabs on the bottom edge and one on the top edge are needed.
Note: Continuous or spot-gluing may be substituted for tabs. And yes, Bindagraphics can handle all your self-mailer sealing requirements!
3. Did You Know… Here are a few factoids about direct mail, courtesy of the April 2003 Edition of Mail: The Journal of Communication Distribution:
- Studies show that, on average, every dollar spent on direct mail advertising brings in about $10 in sales. This is twice the return rate of a direct television ad.
- Adding a promotional product increases the response rate by up to 50%.
- Over 50% of direct mail recipients read it immediately. Of those who opened the mail, 40% found the information they received useful.
4. Congratulations to Matt Bresee of Teagle and Little Printing Company! Matt is the lucky winner of two tickets to the Coca Cola 600 NASCAR race, to be held on May 25. Matt was one of many who dropped off their business card at our Graphics Arts - The Charlotte Show booth to enter our drawing. Next year, it could be you!
5. Bindagraphics Feature Item of the Month This month we have chosen a vinyl binder, but this isn’t your typical binder job… We hand inserted CDs and printed sheets into clear sleeves, collated the sleeves, and inserted them into the three inch D-ring binder. Each binder was then individually packed and shipped throughout the United States, and to Canada, Germany, Austria, France, and Israel just to name a few. All of this was done under one roof and we can do it for you! Give us a call and find out how we can help you with even your largest projects. To see a photo of this piece, please visit our website, www.bindagraphics.com.
ISO 9001: 2000 Registered
2701 Wilmarco Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland 21223
1-800-326-0300 Fax 410-362-7233
100 N Pendleton St.
High Point, North Carolina 27260
336-431-6200 Fax 336-431-6232