1. Visit Us at the Trade Shows! Bindagraphics will host booth #1016 at Book Tech 2003 in New York City March 3-4. In addition, Bindagraphics will host booth #1535 at Graphic Arts The Charlotte Show from March 13 15. Our representatives will be happy to answer all of your post-press finishing questions and to show you samples of our work. Stop by and see what we have to offer!
2. Bindagraphics Feature Item of the Month - This month, we have chosen a presentation box with lid that we made for Custom Document of Hazelet, NJ. We film laminated supplied 100 lb. gloss text and mounted it to 100pt. chip board. Then, we added a plastic handle and clasp. We then packed two Euro-hinge (flexhinge) 3-ring binders we manufactured with 80pt. chip board and the same laminated text. To view this piece, please visit our website, www.bindagraphics.com. We can do the same for you! With CAD prototype capabilities, our in-house design team can even help create a layout for the job! Give us a call or fax over your specifications.
3.PIA’s Chief Economist Optimistic of Proposed Tax Cut Ronnie H. Davis, PhD, Chief Economist for the Printing Industries of America, reviewed the potential impact of proposed tax cuts on the printing industry. Davis stated, “In 2004 the impact of the top line increase of approximately $1 billion in sales should translate to an increase of $50 million or so in industry profits. This would help raise industry profitability back to more normal levels... The increase in small business expensing for new investments should help many printers that are in need of updating equipment.”
4. Quotable Quote “How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book.” Henry David Thoreau, 1817-1862
5. So Many Choices! - Gone are the days when there was only one choice of three ring binder. While vinyl is still en vogue, paper, poly and turned edge binders are gaining popularity.
- Paper are usually made of 20 24 pt. stock, and may have pockets, die cut windows, and velcro closures. In addition, paper binders may be laminated for extra durability.
- Vinyl is now available with screen printing, debossing, and foil stamping. Vinyl comes in a large selection of colors and textures.
- Sturdy and durable, poly binders wipe clean, are resilient, and can be silkscreened.
- Turned edge binders can accommodate four color process print, matching color mechanisms and rivets, spot UV varnish, and matte or gloss lamination for a durable finish. Matching slipcases are the perfect compliment to your turned edge binder.
6. Interested in Decorating Your Binder? - Look no further! We not only produce the binders, but also provide silkscreening services. Our 36” x 48” Daytona screen press and 23” x 28” Sakuri automatic cylinder screen press are ready to work on your printing needs. View samples of our work on our website, www.qualityinfopack.com, or contact your Sales Service Representative for more information.
*Please let us know if you wish to be removed
from our e-mail newsletter.