1. Printing Industry Employment Statistics - According to a recent U. S. Department of Labor report, printing industry employment has increased 0.5% since March. Flexographic printers have added 2,400 jobs since March, screen printers have added 1,800 jobs, and lithographic printers have increased their ranks by 1,400. However, there has been a decrease in employment totaling 3,700 among quick printers, business forms printers, and miscellaneous commercial printers.
2. NAPL Indices On the Rise - The NAPL's Printing Business Index rose to 46.1 in May, up from 45.1 in April. In addition, 30.3% of printers surveyed expect business to improve during the six months ahead, while only 13% expect business to decline, which is the most favorable projection since last December.
3. Now Available At Bindagraphics:
- Bindagraphics and Quality Information Packaging now offer blank copier tabs. We can supply them in any tab size, in several colors, and collated or reverse collated. As always, we can print tab copy to meet your specifications.
- In addition, Bindagraphics has recently purchased a large sheet collator which is great for calendars. Call your Sales Service Representative to learn more about our new offerings!
4. Technical Tip - If you choose to Mylar reinforce your tabs, we advise using heat-resistant inks, wax-free varnishes, and avoid coated stocks with heavy ink coverage. These tips will prevent the Mylar application from affecting printing.
5. You Can Go Back To School At Binda U! - Join your kids as they head back to the classroom! Bindagraphics is holding our post-press seminar, Binda University, on Friday, September 19, 2003 from 8:30am-4pm at our Baltimore facility. This seminar covers all of our post-press operations, and includes continental breakfast, lunch, and a plant tour - all for only $50. For more information or to register, please contact Dara McBee at 1-800-326-0300 or email@example.com.
- Did You Know - "The Cat in the Hat" by Dr. Seuss was an answer to a 1957 report about children who were struggling to read in school. Seuss was hired by a publisher to come up with a book that would use no more than 220 words. He found two words on the list that rhymed, "cat" and "hat", then spent nine months writing the story.
6. Feature Item of the Month - This month we have chosen a semi-concealed Wire-O piece with capacity pocket folders on the front and back cover. Inside of the pocket folder covers is text cut to seven different lengths. This item, which coincidentally supports school health programs, is viewable on our website, www.bindagraphics.com.
ISO 9001: 2000 Registered
2701 Wilmarco Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland 21223
1-800-326-0300 Fax 410-362-7233
100 N Pendleton St.
High Point, North Carolina 27260
336-431-6200 Fax 336-431-6232