1. "If it's not on time, it's free!'– When-you-absolutely-got-to-have-it Perfect Guarantee: Bindagraphics offers you the Perfect Way to order post-press finishing. With our when-you-absolutely-got-to-have-it Perfect Guarantee, your job is guaranteed to be completed on time as scheduled. Here's how it works: ask your Sales Service Representative for the Perfect Guarantee on your next job. Bindagraphics will put the Perfect Guarantee in writing. You keep your end of the deal, and if any of your job is not completed per the agreed-upon schedule, you get that portion of your job free. It's the perfect way to make certain you always win when ordering post-press finishing.
2. Congratulations to Peter Jahries of John D. Lucas!– Pete's customer satisfaction survey card was drawn as the winner of a free lunch for up to twenty people at John D. Lucas. How can you enter our raffle? Just fill out and return the customer satisfaction survey card that you will receive once we complete an order for you. Not only can you critique our performance, but you could be our next winner!
3. NAPL Future of Print Survey Results– According to NAPL's Future of Print's 145 survey participants, average sales growth of 9.3% per year for the next five years is expected. Participants also forecast that value added/communication support services are projected to increase from 7.8% to 14.5% of total revenue in 2005. The high sales growth is based on an expected shift of market share to printers who are able to satisfy their customers' changing communication needs.
4. Foil Stamping Tips– Follow these tips when planning your next foil stamping job:
- Communicate with your finisher to make sure that the shade and type of foil you want will work with the chosen stock and coverage area.
- When foil stamping areas of intricate detail, make sure the space between the lines in the design is no less than half the thickness of the stock.
- Inks should be wax-free if you are gong to foil stamp over them. Rubber-based inks can be used but require the use of specially formulated foils.
5. Bindagraphics Feature Item of the Month This month, we have chosen a design that incorporates split leaves Wire-O® bound to an easel-back. The leaves were die cut and had to be kept in strict alignment, as they fit over plastic ovals that we mounted to the back easel. Created through a combination of our state-of-the-art mechanical binder, Bobst die cutter, and intensive handwork, this piece was awarded for Most Creative Use of Binding and Finishing by the Printing Industries of Maryland. To see this item, please visit our recently re-designed website, www.bindagraphics.com.
6. Health Care Tops PIA Legislative Priorities– The PIA intends to lobby Congress against legislation that would raise health care costs for employers, such as the Patient's Bill of Rights. They will, however, lobby in favor of increasing health care benefits and reducing the number of uninsured individuals. One option is Association Health Plans (AHPs), which would allow associations or businesses to join forces and offer health insurance benefits to their members and employees, reducing their health insurance costs by an estimated 15-30%. The President is in favor of AHPs, and the House passed prior AHP legislation, so the only expected challenge will be the Senate.
*Please let us know if you wish to be removed from our fax newsletter.